|Time zone: EEST (UTC+3)|
|Area code(s): +375 1793|
|Postal Code: 222531|
More details you can find on: www.wikipedia.org
Pictures: view on Kletsk
To order flowers to Kletsk, please follow the steps:
1. Add flowers to cart
2. In the drop-down list "Country" select "Belarus"
3. In the drop-down list "City" select "Kletsk", proceed with the order
History of Kletsk
The town was founded in 11th century by the Dregovichs, who erected a large fort and a tribal centre there. In 14th century the town became part of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania and then part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth in the wake of the Polish-Lithuanian Unions. In the 1506 Battle of Kleck, the Polish-Lithuanian forces under Michał Gliński defeated the Tartar armies and saved the town from being pillaged. Soon afterwards, the town became a property of the Radziwiłł magnate family, who started to attract Jewish settlers to the area.
In 1586 the town became the capital of Radziwiłł's ordynacja, which sparked the gradual development of the town into a regional centre of commerce. By the end of the following century the number of Jews grew significantly; the town was also one of the notable centre of Calvinism, sponsored by the Radziwiłł family.
Until 1623 the town was a part of the powiat of Brześć; after that date it was transferred, together with the neighbouring towns, to the district of Pinsk. According to tradition, the town originally was located on the opposite bank of the river, on the road leading to Lyakhovich; but after the destructive fire of 1705 it was rebuilt, at the instance of the Voivode, on its present site.
Annexed by the Russian Empire after the partitions of Poland, the town was repeatedly destroyed by fire in 19th century, including in 1817, 1845, 1865, and 1886. In 1903 Kletzk had a total population of about 8,000[dubious – discuss], of which about 6,000 were Jews. After the Polish-Bolshevik War the town was restored to Poland, only to be annexed by the Soviet Union in 1939 and then by Nazi Germany in 1941.
During the German occupation a large massacre of local Jews took place in the town on October 6, 1941, with circa 4,000 people murdered. The remaining Jews of the area (approximately 2,000 people) were massed in a local ghetto and then sent to various German concentration camps by August 21, 1942. The Holocaust brought an end to a vibrant Jewish life. Among the monuments of the Jewish past destroyed during the World War II were a Jewish cemetery, a large synagogue founded by Prince Radziwiłł in 1796; a bet ha-midrash built in early 18th century and fifteen smaller houses of prayer.
After the war the town was a part of the Belorussian SSR. Since 1991, it has been a part of Belarus.
We will glad to deliver flowers and gifts to Kletsk, and to other cities of Minsk region: Berezino, Borisov, Dzerzhinsk, Fanipol, Kopyl, Logoisk, Luban, Maryna Gorka, Molodechno, Nesvizh, Slutsk, Smolevichi, Soligorsk, Starye Dorogi, Stolbtsy, Uzda, Vileika, Volozhin, Zaslavl, Zhodino.
Delivery service of Shop.Solard.com
+375 29 658-75-42 (Viber/ WhatsApp/Telegram)
+1 917 7255054
STORE ADDRESS: 89 Green Valley Road, Staten Island, NY, USA
WORKING HOURS: from Monday to Sunday from 9:00 to 21:00
CONTACTS: +1 917 725 5054, +375 29 658-75-42